Sunday, April 10, 2011

Can't possibly be calories in food made from scratch

If you pick 'em up, O Lord, I'll put 'em down.  ~Author Unknown, "Prayer of the Tired Walker"

Oh my goodness. I just ate the most delicious apple pie straight out of the oven.  Before that I had the most delicious pasta dish I have had in a long time.  And before that I ate the most delicious melt in your mouth brownies.   Oh and let's not forget the delicious peanut butter cookies I have ate since grade school. It has been an all day food fest.  

I haven't ate this many home dishes in years. I know I haven't ate this many calories in months. Logan even asked me today how many calories I had ate. I said I wasn't counting my calories today. He thought about that for a few minutes. Then he said, "Probably good because you would definitely be in the red!". 

Got to love the blunt honesty of your own children. 

My family and I are very grateful for the kindness and generosity of our family, friends, co-workers and neighbors during this difficult time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment