Sunday, June 19, 2011

Walking, stair climbing & a Cardinals win

I think you might dispense with half your doctors if you would only consult Dr. Sun more.  ~Henry Ward Beecher

My family and I spent plenty of time in the sun today. It was a fun and enjoyable Father's Day at Busch Stadium watching the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Kansas City Royals.

It was most definitely a cheat day when it came to dieting. I ate plenty of inappropriate items such as Pringles, Kit Kat bars and deer jerky. After the ball game we checked into the Drury Inn just in time for the 5:30 Kickback. We dined on tortilla chips and cheese, salad with ranch dressing and deep fried chicken strips. And carrot sticks, don't forget the carrot sticks.

Although a cheat day, there was some physical activity. We had seats in section 428. Paula and the boys took the elevator. With no room in the elevator for me and the cooler, I walked the four flights of stairs with a cooler strapped to my shoulder. I was out of breath and sweating by the time I got to the top. Of course there was all the standing in line I did waiting to go on the field so the boys could run the bases. And we finished off the evening with a swim in the pool.

Again, a fun Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment