Wednesday, June 15, 2011

To be a kid again

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!  ~Charles Schulz

Tonight I did something I rarely do ... I made a batch of brownies for dinner.   Of course that wasn't the only thing I made.  I also preheated the oven for breaded chicken patties. 

I wasn't overly excited about the chicken patties. I considered a vegetable. I thought about carrots and dip but no one was excited about gnawing on rabbit food. Nor was I. 

I decided what we needed was chocolate. We needed something sweet to go with the breaded chicken patties. We were out of cookie dough so all I could find was a box of Betty Crocker brownie mix. I thought perfect. 

While I waited for the oven to preheat, I mixed together the brownie mix. It was like being a kid all over again.  I poured the mix in the baking pan and then I licked the rest of the batter off the spoon and out of the bowl. I even got a little on my chin, possibly some on my shirt. 

Oh what fun to be a little kid again, if only for a minute or two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment