Tuesday, June 21, 2011

We need more candles

Dieting is not a piece of cake.  ~Author Unknown

It's not on the diet but tonight we all had a piece of the birthday cake the boys baked for Paula's birthday. 

Earlier today I received a phone call from the boys informing me that they had made a cake for Paula's birthday.  They had enlisted the help of the girl next door to bake the cake.  In addition to baking it, they had also loaded the cake with 42 candles. I'm not sure where they found 42 candles. They had to have went door-to-door begging for more candles.

After hanging up with the boys, I emailed Paula to tell her that she was in for a surprise when she got home. 

Upon her arrival, the boys immediately torched the cake, sang her a song and told her to blow out the candles.  Paula blew out the candles and smoke was billowing all through the kitchen. 

It was a delicious cake and a pleasant surprise for Paula. 

No comments:

Post a Comment