There is nothing like walking to get the feel of a country. A fine landscape is like a piece of music; it must be taken at the right tempo. Even a bicycle goes too fast. ~Paul Scott Mowrer, The House of Europe
My youngest son Logan has plans to run cross country in the fall. I've strongly encouraged him to start running every day, at the very least to start running every other day. I've also recommended that he take our dog, Dottie, for a run through the neighborhood.
Over the weekend he happened to mention that he took Dottie for a run. "You did," I said surprised. "Yes," Logan said. "But I wouldn't call it running..."
"What do you mean," I asked. "Well, all she wants to do is run into every one's yard," he groaned. "She is the nosiest dog I know."
Unfortunately, Logan's first run through the neighborhood wasn't all he expected. Although he gave it a try, I don't think Logan will be taking Dottie with any time in the near future.
I guess I'll have to take one for the team and go running with him. I hope his expectations for me aren't very high. He might only be ten, but I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up.
No comments:
Post a Comment