Thursday, June 9, 2011

Keep moving despite the heat

Everyone who has run knows that its most important value is in removing tension and allowing a release from whatever other cares the day may bring.  ~Jimmy Carter

With the sun down and the temperature dropping to a cool 85 degrees, this is when I should go out running. 

Of course I said I should, not that I did run. 

I keep trying to convince my boys that if they want to get ready for their fall sports, such as soccer and cross country,  they should join me for a run in the mornings or in the evenings. I keep waiting for them to take me up on my offer.  They haven't yet and I am still waiting. 

I admire all the people, young and old, who are out there running and even walking in this heat. Drink plenty of fluids and keep moving everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment