I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read and all the friends I want to see. ~John Burroughs
Had I realized I was going to spend the whole day working in the yard today, I probably wouldn't have went for my morning walk. However, if I hadn't went for a walk I would have missed out on a beautiful sunrise view of the Capitol in Jefferson City.
For the first time today, I went for a walk across the Missouri River Pedestrian and Bicycle Bridge. It was a very enjoyable walk. I parked at the river access in North Jefferson City and walked my way up the ramp to the pedestrian bridge. I stopped a couple of times to snap a few photos of the Missouri State Capitol as the sun was rising. It was well worth the pain.
Pain? Yes, pain. I walked up the ramp, across the bridge and down the street to Rotary Park in flip flops. I thought my tennis shoes were in the trunk of my car when I left the house. To my surprise the shoes were not in the trunk. I had considered aborting my stroll across the river but thought surely I can make the trip in flip flops. I accomplished my goal for the morning and did walk the bridge in flip flops. Although I might have walked across the bridge a little too fast in the flip flops.
Combined with the work we did in the yard today, my feet are throbbing and I can barely walk across the floor. Hilarious. When will I realize I'm 41, not 14!

No comments:
Post a Comment