"It's called diet because all the other 4-letter words were taken." ~ Author Unknown
The rumors are true, that was me at the gym this morning. I was seen walking and jogging and sprinting on a treadmill in the fitness center.
Perhaps it was a good night of sleep, maybe it was the two cups of coffee I drank or maybe it was the rain... I'm really not sure what inspired me to workout this morning. It was only 20 minutes but a great start to my day.
Today's workout is a warm up to the workout plan that my teenage son has created for himself and me if I want to join him. Derek's plan includes three days of cardio - bicycling on Monday, sprinting on Wednesday and long distance running on Friday. On Tuesday, he plans to do an upper body weight lifting routine and a lower body weight lifting routine on Thursday. With only nine weeks of summer vacation left, Derek is eager to get himself physically prepared for this fall's soccer season.
As of yet, I have not committed to Derek's workout plan. We are still in negotiations. I have recommended working out at 5 a.m., which Derek considers ludicrous. "It's summer," he said. "I don't get up until 10." I recommended we workout during my lunch hour at 11 a.m., which Derek also considers absurd. "Again, it is summer," he said. "It's hot out there." I'm not even sure he knows when he is going to workout.
I'm anticipating I'll be working out alone. I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment