Sunday, June 5, 2011

Inspired by a few good women

Jogging is very beneficial.  It's good for your legs and your feet.  It's also very good for the ground.  It makes it feel needed.  ~Charles Schulz, Peanuts

I've been looking for some inspiration and a whole lot of motivation to get back on the road to good health and physical fitness. Over the last couple of days I have been inspired by a few good women. 

First and foremost, I am inspired by my teenage niece.  When most young ladies her age are sleeping in and lounging around the house during their summer vacations, my niece is up at 5:30 a.m. every other day to run. I am so very proud of her.  I'm also very proud of her mother. Together, they are up at the break of dawn working out. It's extremely inspirational. 

For even more inspiration, I don't have to look much further than Facebook.  I'm so impressed with a friend's 2nd place win at a recent 5k.  It amazes me how far she has come so far.  It was just a year or more that she and I were in boot camp together and she was having a tough time climbing up and down the stairs. She is an inspiration for all of us to get up and get moving. 

I'm hoping the inspiration they have brought to me translates to enough motivation to get me out of bed in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment