Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tremendous boredom

The word aerobics comes from two Greek words: aero, meaning "ability to," and bics, meaning "withstand tremendous boredom." ~ Dave Berry

I've been considering the P90X workout or maybe the other workout by Mr. Horton.  What's it called, intensity or insanity?  I don't recall. I've hesitated purchasing or even borrowing the DVDs because I have tried such silly exercise programs before only to be - how did Dave Berry say it - "tremendously bored".

I'm getting ready to calculate my calories and activity for the day. I'm anticipating it won't be pretty. I didn't workout today so there won't be any activity to record. As for the food I ate, well it was a high calorie, high carbohydrate day.  Lasagna and pizza in the same day.  Not exactly diet food.

By the time I am done calculating my calories, I might be wishing I put one of those boring exercise DVDs in the player this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment