Monday, August 8, 2011

Have you kept your New Year's Resolution to lose weight?

“My advice if you insist on slimming: Eat as much as you like – just don’t swallow it.”- Harry Secombe

Are you keeping your New Year's Eve resolution?  I had resolved that I would reach a normal body mass index of 24 which meant I had to lose almost 42 pounds.   I lost 30 pounds by April and then gradually gained 20 of those pounds back.  I stopped exercising on a daily basis and I stopped eating healthy.   Now as we get closer to the end of the year, I'm desperately trying to get back into a routine of eating less and exercising more and it's been tough.

Also, I pledged to myself that I would post a quote about dieting and exercising every day on my Facebook page and I would blog about dieting and exercising every day.   So far I have kept that commitment.   I started out being somewhat inspirational to others, but now I'm just battling the bulge like everyone else. 

So that's where I stand on my New Year's Eve resolution.   I still have 145 days left.   Perhaps I'll kick it into high gear and surprise myself with a miraculous weight loss story.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment