Sunday, August 14, 2011
Giving the kneeboard a workout
"The water is your friend. You don't have to fight with water, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move." ~Aleksandr Popov
Kneeboarding is an acquatic sport. My first clue that I wouldn't be good at kneeboarding should have been the word - sport.
Last year while camping at Mark Twain Lake, I tried kneeboarding. I tried over and over again to get myself up on the kneeboard. I actually got up on the board but don't blink because you would likely miss it.
One year later, I am back at Mark Twain Lake, back on a boat and once again in the water trying to get my big ole behind on a tiny little flat object floating in the water. After three or four tries, I finally got myself up on the kneeboard and for a few brief moments I was gliding across the water. It was quite a workout getting on the kneeboard. Staying on it not as much.
All adults and children on the boat feared I would be in pain this morning when I got out of bed. I didn't dispute it. I was certain I might experience a number of aches and pains. Fortunately that wasn't the case and I was one of the first up this morning ready to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment