“The first Food Pyramid was built in ancient Egypt by a Pharoah who hated vegetables so much he buried them at the bottom.” ~ Randy Glasbergen
Vegetables. Did I have vegetables today? I had pizza sauce with my pizza at lunch. Does that count as vegetables? I did have a salad with my pizza. It was suppose to fill me up so that by the time the pizza came to the table I wouldn't eat the whole 9-inch pizza. It didn't exactly work the way I planned it. I ate half the salad and all the pizza.
Yes, vegetables. I remember now, I had a spoonful of green beans with my steak. Does a bake potato count as a vegetable? What about butter and sour cream? My steak was good. Derek has become really good at grilling steaks this summer. The best part is that he enjoys doing it and we don't even have to ask him to do it. I came home from work and he had just finished grilling. Add a baked potato and some green beans and you have yourself a meal in a matter of 15 minutes. Awesome!
Yep, I had vegetables today. I also had pizza, steak and chocolate chip cookies. Cocoa comes from a cocoa bean, right? Beans are vegetables, correct? I wasn't planning to have any more "vegetables" today, but Logan insisted on baking cookies. He was outraged that he had been at a friend's house last night when we baked cookies and there were only two left when he got home. I couldn't hurt his feelings and not eat one of the cookies he baked for us. Speaking of chocolate chips, I've been told that Caleb makes a really good chocolate chip pancake. It seems Caleb has been the first one up in the morning which would be eight or nine o'clock in the morning during the summer. He must be a master chef when it comes to making breakfast. I've yet to sample his master pieces.
I could get use to my sons making me breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'll be fat, but I'll never have to cook again.
No comments:
Post a Comment