Thursday, December 15, 2011

Three cent dinner

"Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?" ~ Clark Griswold, Christmas Vacation

I had the best dinner this evening. First of all, it only cost me three cents.  Second, I had the best sweet potato fries along with a delicious mesquite grilled chicken breast. And the customer service was superb.  

I used a gift card at Colten's Steakhouse and owed three cents.  The waitress told me she wouldn't charge me the three cents.  However, I had no cash for a tip. I wrote a note to my waitress telling her I was going to the car for cash and would be right back. She must have thought that I got hit by a minivan in the parking lot because all I had was a twenty dollar bill. I went to the grocery store across the parking lot to break the twenty. Finally I had cash and went back to pay my waitress her well deserved tip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment