Sunday, December 25, 2011

Run, eat and eat some more

December 25

Great little One! whose all-embracing birth
Lifts Earth to Heaven, stoops Heaven to Earth.
~Richard Crashaw

I turned 42 today.  

I kick started the day with a short run.  I should have ran for hours especially since I ate entirely too much today.  

I did try to contain myself.  I only had a half of a cinnamon role at breakfast and one serving of the egg casserole.   For lunch, I filled my plate with more green beans and salad and smaller portions of carbs.  I did have a generous helping of the brownie truffle dessert and a small slice of Red Carpet cake.   It was the candy sitting around the house that put me over the edge.  I couldn't refuse the bite size Baby Ruth candy bars.  

Oh well, the scale was kind to me this morning.  I weighed less than I was earlier this week.  I also weighed a tad less than I did last Christmas.  And I do mean tad...as in five, six, seven pounds less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment