Saturday, December 3, 2011

A cookie baking, letter writing sort of day

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. ~Jack Handey


Today's quote has everything to do with the Christmas letter I wrote this afternoon.   While Paula and the boys were baking cookies and making candy, I was downstairs in seclusion writing the Christmas letter that we send out each year with our Christmas cards. 
 
The letter I wrote has a connection with the quote I posted today.   Since I haven't printed the letter or mailed it out, I won't share it yet.   I will say that it is about trees.  And of course, it is also about us - me, Paula, Derek, Caleb and Logan.
 
No bragging about accomplishments in my Christmas letter this year, which is usually the case with all the Christmas letters I have written.   I try to capture a moment in our lives and I believe I have successfully done so once again.   I hope everyone that receives the letter in their mailbox enjoys the letter and knows that I send the card and the letter with lots of love.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment