Sunday, December 11, 2011

Anyone else in the mood for Christmas?

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ~Norman Vincent Peale


It was another wonderful visit to Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri. 
 
I enjoyed every step of it - small and large.  
 
It was especially busy in the park on Saturday evening.  The weather was perfect for a stroll through Silver Dollar City's winter wonderland.  Obviously the rain had kept people away last weekend, so many locals decided to come to the park this weekend.   Of course, I really didn't mind.  I've come to expect it every year.
 
Although you had to wait in lines and deal with the abundance of people, the millions of light were spectacular.   My wife and I, who have been coming to Branson at Christmas since 1992, thought the park was decorated especially well this year.  
 
I ate a huge chocolate chip cookie with a cup of hot chocolate while I was there.   I even shared.  There were many food items to indulge in while I was at the park, but I avoided all of them except the chocolate chip cookie.   
 
I'm grateful my wife and I found time to bring the boys to Silver Dollar City once again.  Once again, I am in the mood for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment