Friday, September 9, 2011

New dish, bad choice

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta." - Federico Fellini

Have you ever went to a  restaurant with the intention of ordering your favorite dish only to talk yourself into trying something new on the menu and later regretting your decision?

I did just that this evening.  My family and I made an impromptu trip to the Olive Garden this evening. I was going to order my favorite dish - the Chicken Scampi - 2700 calories of pasta, chicken, bell peppers and onions smothered in pure butter.   Instead of ordering the Scampi, I opted for a new dish - the Mediterranean Chicken - a combination of pasta, grilled chicken, spinach, tomatoes, black olives and feta cheese.  It sounded good until I had my first bite.  The sauce overpowered everything on the plate.  It was a bad choice, one I won't make again!

No comments:

Post a Comment