Saturday, September 10, 2011

Making it to the finish line

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that." 
-Fred Lebow, New York City Marathon co-founder

I thought this was a perfect quote for all the men and women, boys and girls who ran today.  

I'm very proud of my two boys who ran their first cross country race of the season. The boys and the rest of the Saint George team had a great run despite the mud. 

I'm also really proud of all my friends who ran today during the Roots and Blues Festival in Columbia, Missouri.  I admire anyone, any age who slips on a pair of running shoes and finds the courage to make it from the starting line to the finish line, no matter the distance. 

Awesome work everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment