Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bug in the bag in the freezer

Our own physical body possesses a wisdom which we who inhabit the body lack.  We give it orders which make no sense.  ~Henry Miller

While reaching for the ice cream bucket I found what appeared to be a sandwich bag. When I picked it up, I realized there was a small critter in the bag. It was a tiny green grasshopper. 

I realized the bug in the bag was for my oldest son.  Derek's been collecting bugs and leaves and a number of other things in nature.  His little brother Logan has been more than happy to help him out with the project.  He's been collecting ants and worms and other tiny living things for weeks.  He finds it, bags it and in the freezer it goes.  

It is totally disgusting.  You would think that it would repulse me enough that I wouldn't want to eat the ice cream from the freezer.  It doesn't. I still topped my brownie with chocolate chip ice cream and chocolate syrup.  Don't judge...after all it is International Chocolate Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment