Saturday, October 22, 2011

Walk, hike and roll

"You're in pretty good shape for the shape you are in. " ~ Dr. Seuss

I believe this Dr. Seuss quote says it all.  I am in pretty good shape for the shape I am in. 

Logan has been wanting to walk the golf cart path ever since we got here.  I believe he was more interested in strolling by the ducks to torment the poor creatures.  

I agreed to go for a walk with him before the sun went down.  I was correct about the ducks.  He tried to get close to one and of course they weren't having it.  They dove in the lake and quickly swam to safety. 

I reminded Logan we were on a walk.  He recommended we walk up the hill towards the club house.  I agreed, although our stroll was quickly becoming less of a stroll and more of a hike. 

We talked golf and tees until I was gasping for air and couldn't speak.   We walked around the club house and headed back in the direction of the condo. 

As we are descending down the driveway, Logan recommends I run with him to the bottom of the hill. 

"Seriously," I said. "Don't you think we might fall."

"Not me," Logan laughed. 

So, against my better judgement we ran down a hill paved in asphalt.  I was expecting a tragic end with me rolling like a boulder to the bottom of a ravine. Luckily, I survived!

No comments:

Post a Comment