Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Run, Dad, Run

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." ~ J. R. R. Tolkien, British scholar & fantasy novelist (1892 - 1973)

While dining at McDonald's with Caleb and Logan, we talked and laughed and ate our dinner. 

After eating my grilled chicken sandwich sans the mayo, I told the boys that a chocolate chip cookie sounded good right about now. 

The boys recommended I purchase not one cookie from McDonalds but a whole tote full of chocolate chip cookies. They sell those in a cute little Baker's Dozen Tote. 

I discouraged the purchase only to have the boys recommend I stop by the grocery store to buy those break and bake chocolate chip cookies. 

"Seriously, I have done really well on my diet today," I said. 

"You can go for a run while the cookies bake," said Caleb. 

"And again after you eat the cookies," said Logan. 

As hard as they tried, I didn't purchase the cookie tote or the cookie dough.  The cookies would have tasted delicious but I wasn't thrilled with their solution...run,then run again!

No comments:

Post a Comment