Monday, October 17, 2011

Next time we eat the cookie dough

"There is a peculiar burning odor in the room, like explosives. the kitchen fills with smoke and the hot, sweet, ashy smell of scorched cookies. The war has begun. " ~ Alison Lurie

I should have known making chocolate chip cookies from scratch was a mistake. I haven't done such a thing since, I don't know, the summer of 1984. 

As I was mixing the ingredients Logan was right beside me.  He was questioning my baking abilities and rightfully so.  He laughed when I was stirring the stubborn, stiff ingredients that eventually became my cookie dough.  

"You are really getting a workout stirring that cookie dough," Logan said.  

"If he gets in his workout making the cookie dough, then he can eat more cookies," said Caleb. 

Sounded like a plan, until the first cookies came out of the oven flat as pancakes and hard as dog biscuits. I should have taken Caleb's other advice and just ate the cookie dough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment